Now we are here in 2016, We just celebrated my daughters 12th birthday this passed September 2nd. I asked her, what she wanted for her birthday. She sat still and contemplated. I thought maybe she'd ask for a bike, a massage session, some clothes, a nice dinner party, but instead she simply stated, "All I want is to see Kyrah." Nothing more, nothing less, she wanted her sister. It was such a compelling moment, because there are many moments where I just want my sisters. It's then I began feeling so proud that she gets it. Sisterhood. I was not raised to appreciate and nourish my sisters. Instead my environment taught me to talk and snicker behind her back, judge her, belittle her, spread her business and worst of all I am not her and she is not me. So this moment brings me great joy in recognizing my sisterhood.....As they grow from the womb, to little ones, to young ladies, to grown women, I honor them as my sisters. They have the privilege to take this sisterhood into their adult life and share their story of how they have been best friends since the womb. They will get to share their testimony with their children and keep this story close to their hearts.
So of course we made this reunion, this request happen. Sisterhood is a powerful component that we need so very badly!
I am in complete awe of how beautiful these young ladies have become. Both smart, creative, funny, and loving. I am sure we all have been in a place where we've been asked, what do you want? "All I want is to see [friends name here]." <3
9 ways to honor your sister-friend:
- Love-Tell her you love her. Simple as that.
- Treat her- Treat her to dinner, massage, reiki session, a gift, a yoni steam.
- Song-Send her a positive song
- Babysit- Give her a night of freedom, let the babies spend the night.
- Gift card- Give her a gift card to her favorite store
- Slumber Party- Who says only children are the only ones who get sleepovers. Get your fluffy socks, pajamas, snacks, facials and Netflix!
- Sacred Circle- Plan your very own sacred circle.
- Loyalty- Give them honesty, respect and truth. Don't gossip about them, communicate with them.
- Time- Your time and energy is valuable, sharing that with your sisters is priceless!